Is Jasper the right AI writing tool for you? Can it fulfill your content needs? Is it worth it for you as a content creator or writer?
This is what we’ll be discussing in this in-depth Jasper AI review. We’ll discuss its features, test its capabilities, and explore how it can be helpful for you. I will also share my first-hand experience with this tool as a 7-figure self-publishing author and a full-time blogger.
So if you’re interested in determining whether Jasper can be a reliable AI writing assistant, read on.
Are you a writer aspiring to pen a masterpiece that never fails to captivate? Look no further. Reach out to us and uncover how we can help you to take your writing to unprecedented heights!
What is Jasper AI Writing Tool?
I first attempted AI writing in 2020. Jasper was the very first AI writing tool I used. Back in 2020, then as Conversion.ai (later renamed Jarvis and then Jasper), I had used it to help ease writing and question the growing hype, albeit new, about Artificial intelligence.
After using it for the first time in 2020, I wrote my first review in 2021 (later republished here). I wondered how a tool, so much acclaimed to help automatically craft the word, would be so disappointing.
I had given a very poor review and it was understandably so. Conversion.ai was built on the old GPT2 model which was short of mimicking human writing or even anywhere near it. However, since then, a lot has overwhelmingly changed in the AI space.
Jasper offers scores of content templates, a platform for teams to collaborate, and an API that businesses can use to develop their own AI systems. Jasper also offers an advanced AI art generator. You can use it to generate a wide variety of art pieces, including vintage art, pop art, etc.
To summarize, Jasper AI is the ultimate AI sidekick for bloggers, authors, digital marketers, etc., who want to 10X their productivity in 2023 and beyond.
Who Created Jasper AI Writing tool?
Originally founded as Conversion.ai, and then Jarvis, Jasper AI was founded by a group of 3 entrepreneurial friends from Austin, Texas.
Jasper’s CEO, Dave Rogenmoser, told Forbes in an interview that Jasper was his 5th or 6th company. And with this company, he and his friends/co-founders found success. Even though the market was tough, his craze to solve productivity issues within a content-related business kept him going.
It’s definitely an inspirational story. But let’s move on to the meat of the article and discuss the main features that Jasper AI offers.
What are the Top features of Jasper AI?
Jasper AI is jam-packed with useful features. Here are some of its best ones from a 7-figure self-publishing author perspective:
- Content Templates: Jasper offers 50+ content templates that range from blog writing templates to ad writing templates
- Boss Mode: Boss mode lets you generate long-form content like novels, blog posts, etc.
- Jasper Business: This feature makes team collaboration easy for a business
- Jasper Chat: Similar to OpenAI’s ChatGPT, Jasper Chat is also a chatbot that can do anything you ask it to do
- Surfer SEO Integration: This feature lets you integrate SurferSEO into your content framework and generate SEO-optimized AI articles
- Jasper AI Art Generator: This feature lets you generate art of any kind
- Recipes: A lot of proven frameworks for generating quality content
- Grammarly Integration: No grammar or punctuation errors
- Chrome Extension: If you like to work directly on Google Docs like me
What Devices Does Jasper AI integrate with?
Jasper AI is just a web-based application as of now. It does, however, integrate with the following software:
- Surfer SEO – For SEO optimization
- Grammarly – For correcting grammar and punctuation errors
- Chrome – If you want to work directly on Google Docs or any other editor
Who is Jasper AI Best for?
Jasper offers a lot of value for various businesses. Here are the ones that should look into this tool:
- Writers and Authors can use Jasper to bypass writer’s block, come up with new ideas, brainstorm, write content, and much more
- Content Creators can use Jasper to take inspiration for their new social media posts or campaigns and even write ad texts
- Digital Marketing Agencies can use Jasper to scale their content production effort and develop a team collaboration system through Jasper’s Business Features
- eCommerce Businesses can use Jasper to write ads, develop social media campaigns, write emails, generate product descriptions, and much more
- Artists can use Jasper to generate AI art in various styles ranging from line drawing to oil painting and digital art
Jasper AI Pricing
Jasper costs $59/Month for 50,000 words. Compared to almost every AI writing tool available in the market, Jasper is the most expensive. Yes, it offers the best value, but due to its price point, most solo writers and authors prefer its alternatives.
Here is a brief comparison of its packages:
|Words Per Month||50,000||Custom|
|Users||Up to 5||5+|
|Tailored AI Brand Voice||No||Yes|
Jasper AI Pros and Cons
Here are a few of the pros and cons of Jasper AI that’ll give you a proper idea of whether you should or shouldn’t invest in this AI writing tool:
|– Scores of content templates|
– A great platform for team collaborationPerfect tool for writing long-form content
– AI art generator is an added bonus
|– It’s a little complex to use|
– It requires your credit card for a free trial
– It’s more expensive than the. competition
How To Use Jasper AI
My Experience Using Jasper AI:
During my 5-year long self-publishing career, I’ve tried scores of tools to increase my productivity. And ever since AI’s introduction to the market, I’ve been actively trying out new AI tools that can boost my productivity even more.
Jasper has been one of those tools that I personally use and also recommend to my readers. You can use any AI writing tool to generate quality short-form content like Rytr or Writesonic, but when it comes to long-form content, Jasper is one of the best tool out there.
As a self-publishing author and a blogger, my work involves a lot of long-form writing (novels, 1000-word+ blog posts, etc.). Jasper is a great AI story generator tool and you can either use the boss mode command or creative story template to generate any story in any genre. And I can say from experience that Jasper’s Boss Mode is the only tool in the market out of hundreds that ended up helping me create this kind of content without compromising the quality.
So if you’re a successful solo author, writer, or agency owner who wants to boost their content production while keeping the quality intact, Jasper is the ultimate tool for you. But if you’re a newbie in this space, I wouldn’t recommend you invest in this tool.
👉 Here is a glimpse of me using Jasper Boss Mode to write a creative story
Well, that was my experience. Let’s see what other customers have to say about this tool.
Our first review is from a Reddit user, “Sansplastic:”
The next review comes from Trustpilot:
Both reviews are on point. Jasper is indeed an invaluable tool, especially for digital businesses or content agencies. The productivity boost it’ll give you is unimaginable.
But, as the first reviewer pointed out, using Jasper Ai, especially for generating long-form content, isn’t a walk in the park. It’s quite complex; you’ll have to take their training if you want to generate proper long-form content with Jasper.
Jasper AI Alternatives
1. Creaitor AI
Creaitor AI is an AI writing assistant tool that makes writing faster and easier. You can use the tools to generate everything from blog posts and stories to ads and travel copy for your business using several content templates it offers.
This tool is specifically great for generating story ideas such as kid’s story
|ideas or writing short stories. And it’s also quite economical as compared to Jasper. If your business is in its beginning stage, you’re better off with this tool.
Writesonic‘s templates are pretty much the same as Creaitor’s or Jasper’s. It is, however, better at creating blog posts than its competitors. Writesonic’s AI Article Writer 4.0 is the perfect solution for niche site creators. So if you’re one and you need an economic AI writing tool, Writesonic is your best bet.
Anyword is a great solution for content marketers looking for a simple platform that can help with both copywriting and content writing. G2 twice recognized it as the leader in copywriting assistance.
You can use this AI writing platform to generate any type of content for a fraction of the price compared to Jasper. I specifically like its copywriting features.
Copysmith helps eCommerce business owners create high-quality, engaging content without having to hire a professional writer. Copysmith has raised $10M in funding to date, and they’re constantly evolving this tool into its best version possible. So if you’re an eCommerce business, definitely check out this tool.
Jasper AI Alternatives Comparison Table
Here is a brief comparison of Jasper with its major alternatives on the market:
|Long form content||1000 words+||700 Words||01 – 1000 Words||01 – 1000 Words||01 – 1000 Words|
|Ability to customize inputs||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|AI Engine||GPT3/Generative AI||GPT3||GPT3||GPT3||GPT3|
|Detectable AI writing||90%+||90%+||90%+||90%+||90%+|
|Best for the type of content||Long-Form Content||Stories||Blogs||Copy||eCommerce|
|Star feature||Boss Mode, Jasper Chat||SERP Beater||Chatsonic||Target Audience||Bulk Copy|
|Pricing||Starts at $59/Month||Starts at $9/Month||Starts at $19/Month||Starts at $29/Month||Starts at $19/Month|
Benefits of Jasper AI Writing Tool
Here are a few major benefits of using the Jasper writing tool:
- Jasper’s Google Docs-like editor makes AI writing interactive and fun with all the features just one click away
- Jasper’s 60+ content templates can help you generate anything from stories or blog posts to ads and descriptions
- The Surfer SEO integration makes Jasper help you generate 100% SEO-optimized AI articles and blog posts
- Jasper Chat acts as your personal chatbot that you can use to brainstorm ideas, generate content, research topics, etc.
- Jasper Business allows you to collaborate with your team and scale your content production with ease
FAQS On Jasper AI Review
Is Jasper Free?
Jasper is free only for a 5-day trial. After that, you’ll have to buy one of its paid packages.
Is Jasper A Good AI Writing Tool?
Jasper is indeed a great AI writing tool, especially when it comes to generating long-form content. The boss mode feature makes writing with commands seamless. Although it has a steep learning curve, once you get the hang of it, you can really give a huge boost to your productivity.
Which Is Better, Jasper Or Creaitor AI?
Both Jasper and Creaitor AI have their pros and cons. Jasper creates better quality content, but it’s more expensive. Creaitor’s content is quite good too, but it costs less. If you can afford it, Jasper is definitely the better choice here.
How Accurate Is Jasper?
Jasper is pretty accurate most of the time. But, considering AI is still in its developing stage, it can generate a few incorrect facts sometimes. It’s always a good idea to fact-check AI content generated with AI content tools.
Does Jasper Pass AI Detection?
Jasper AI may not pass AI detection. AI detection software has grown quite mature. It can easily detect content generated through multiple AI engines, including GPT-3, ChatGPT, or Generative AI.
Summary: Should You Buy Jasper AI Writing tool?
Let me conclude this Jasper AI review by giving you a short answer on whether you should invest in Jasper — or not.
Is Jasper a quality AI tool? Yes. But, considering how expensive the Jasper AI writing tool is, it’d only make sense for you to buy it if you’re already making some decent money and you can afford it.
Otherwise, I’d recommend you stick with the cheaper alternatives. They all offer a free trial/plan. Check them out and stick to the one you like the most.
- Jasper: https://www.jasper.ai/
- Jasper Art: https://www.jasper.ai/art
- Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannechen/2023/03/06/the-ceo-of-jasper-on-how-he-built-one-of-the-hottest-ai-startups-and-whats-next-for-generative-ai/?sh=55fe3e4a5b10
- Reddit review: https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/xrc4st/comment/iqekqq6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
- Trustpilot review: https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/63f103e59b64b1bdaf5b8438